Our amazing crew at the Town Maintenance Department is out there all winter long, sprinkling sand and removing snow, so you’re not commuting on a Slip ‘n’ Slide!
To make sure everything runs like it should, a few friendly reminders:
- The Town’s Snow Fighters and their equipment have the right of way at all times
- Don’t park your vehicles and trailers on Town property, not in the green spaces, not even in the ditches.
- If you want to mark your driveway, please make sure you do it with flexible, movable material. Anything like rebar, 2x4s and cement blocks will be removed by the Town to keep our streets safe.
- See a detailed map of the Snow Removal Priority and Sanding Routes here
Remember, there’s no on-street parking in White City, so if your vehicle is on the street and gets damaged by the plow, it’s your responsibility!
Beginning Tuesday January 10, 2023 White City Public Works will be using a grader to scrape snow & ice from the road surface beginning at 8:00 AM and finishing at 3:30 PM in the following areas:
White City Drive
Lott Road East
Emerald Ridge East
Time permitting, Public Works will also scrape Fernwood Street. If required, Public Works may also be scraping snow in these areas on Thursday January 12, 2023.
Scraping in school zone areas will take place during school hours and outside of drop off and pick up times. Please use caution when around large equipment and please consider taking an alternate route if possible.
We appreciate your patience while we work to clear snow & ice and keep the roads clean and safe for travel.
In addition to Snow Fighting, the Town’s Road Wizards perform other maintenance, like street sweeping, throughout the year at the mercy of the weather. To find out what they have planned next, visit the Road Closures and Construction page!
Mark Your Driveways
Before the snow and cold weather sets in for the season now is a good time to place your yard and driveway markers. Remember to use flexible markers. Materials such as rebar, cinder blocks, rocks, concrete blocks or any other immovable material is not permitted and may damage municipal equipment.
Any prohibited materials will be removed by the town – please make sure to take notice of markers when driving and avoid driving over your neighbour’s property.
Please be advised that street sweeping takes place in the Spring each year. Stay tuned for dates in 2023.
To help us out:
- sweep all sand and accumulations at the end of your driveway into the street; and
- during Compost and Garbage Pick Up, we would appreciate if residents could roll their bin in as soon as possible after Loraas has collected your materials.
Please use caution around sweeper & operators.
We would also like to remind residents that there is no on-street parking in White City. Please refrain from parking on the streets, especially while we're sweeping away the last reminders of winter. If a vehicle is parked on the street in front of your home the street sweeper will go around and not return. Please be a good community member and neighbor and don't park on the streets!