Water & Sewer Bill Information
Receiving your Water & Sewer Utility Bill Electronically
Understanding your Utility Bill
Water & Sewer Utility Payment Options
The town sents Water & Sewer Utility bills via email. Receiving your bill electronically, saves the town, and therefore residents, on the costs of paper,
*** Please be Advised ***
There is a known issue with @SaskTel.net email servers blocking the eNotices and eReceipts. A couple of things that may help prevent the blockage are adding to your trusted contacts list, adjusting your spam filter settings, or contacting SaskTel directly for email support.
Rates as of January 1, 2022
Questions about the Rate Change?
Click here for more information!
- Pre-Authorized Debit Payment (PAD) is available for Utility Billing. The Town will directly withdraw the funds from your bank account on the last day of the month that a utility payment is due. This will give residents time to review their utility bill before funds are withdrawn from their account.
- The Town also accepts Online Banking Payments. Please follow these steps to set up the Town through your online banking institution:
1. Add Payee or Vendor
2. Search for “White City”
3.Select the appropriate account > Utility or Taxes
4. Enter your 8-Digit Account Number as found on your Utility Notice (Please note that the attached is for example purposes only. Use the account number on your own bill.)
Online payments can take up to 3 business days to be processed by our bank, please allow plenty of time before the due date to avoid interest fees.
- The Town accepts Credit Cards (Visa and MasterCard) using OptionPay that can be used online or through the Town Office. OptionPay uses a tiered fee shedule, check out the OptionPay page for more information. Payments using an online service take 3 business days to process, please allow plenty of time before the due date to avoid interest fees.
- The Town accepts Cash, Cheque, or Debit at the Town Office. We are open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. If you are unable to come during these hours there is a mail chute you can leave your cheque in, please leave it in an envelope with your name, account number, and civic address so the payment can be properly applied.