New Homes, Renovations & Basement Development
Whether you’re building your dream home, or redreaming your old home, here’s everything you need to know about breaking ground in White City.
Development and Building Permit Application
The following documents are required for new home permit applications:
- Development Permit Application Form
- Building Permit Application Form
- Lot Development Plot Plan or Site Plan
- The plot plan should include: lot dimensions & shape; indicate North; project size & distance from property lines, new and existing buildings on the property, easements, driveway and required setbacks.
- Engineered Drawings
- One (1) hard copy complete sets of plans and one (1) digital (pdf) copy stamped and sealed and signed by the appropriate engineer
- Each set should be approved by the Developer when applicable and one (1) additional set may be required by the Developer.
- Residential Plan Review Checklist
- PBI Form
- Architectural form (Building Materials and Colors)
- Must be signed and approved by the Developer. Only applicable to new home and renovation permit applications.
- Business License Application
- All contractors/persons conducting businessMust be filled and signed if applicable.
The Home Development & Building Permit Package outlines the application requirements in greater detail.
Building Permit Fees and Deposits
- PBI Payable - Not specified
- PBI Payable covers the cost of the inspections during the building process. The PBI Payable amount varies and is dependent on the building size and square footage.
- Permit Fee - Not specified
- The Permit Fee is dependent on the PBI Payable fee.
- Water Meter Fee - $400.00
- A water meter is installed (by Town staff) in all new homes.
- Water Fee - $110.00
- Water fee added on the permit to cover water costs during construction.
- Occupancy Deposit - $1080.00
- The occupancy deposit will be refunded to the home builder/contractor when certain criteria is met. The criteria is outlined in Exhibit A to Bylaw 601-16, which is signed by the homebuilder at the time the permit is issued.
- Landscaping Deposit - $1000.00 in older subdivisions, $2000.00 in Bower West Phase III and any new subdivisions that come forth
- Deposit is refunded to the homeowner when the requirements in the lot purchase agreement are adhered to. This includes completion of a hard-surface driveway.
- Ditch Deposit - $400.00
- Deposit is refunded to the homeowner when the front ditch area is seeded or sodded with proper slope and drainage considerations.
- Administration Fee - $100.00
- SAMA Fee - $40.00
More information on permit fees, deposits and charges can be found in the Home Development & Building Permit Package.
More information on landscaping requirements can be found at the Driveways, Landscaping & Fences page.
Other Important Information
- The issuance of the Building and Development Permit does not release the applicant or owner from compliance with any other municipal or provincial bylaw, statue or regulation, including but not limited to the following:
- Plumbing Permit from Regina Qu’Appelle Health District for any plumbing additions or alterations. A permit application is available at the Town Office. $100.00 for the first 10 fixtures and $5.00 each for additional fixtures. The plumber is responsible for contacting the Plumbing inspector.
- Electrical Permit from SaskPower Corporation for any electrical system additions or alterations.
- Gas Permit from SaskEnergy for any gas system additions or alterations.
- As per Town Bylaws, weeping tile, garage floor drains, sewage pools, and sump pits cannot be connected to the Town’s sewer system. These must drain into the owner’s property.
- Every property owner shall permit the Town of White City or its authorized representative, Professional Building Inspectors, to enter any building or premises at any reasonable time for the purpose of administering or enforcing the Building Bylaw or the Zoning Bylaw. Please see the Inspections page for further information on the types of inspections required for your building permit.
- An agreement between the Town and the Builder/Contractors must be signed at the time of the issuance of the Building Permit (Exhibit “A” to Bylaw No. 601-16). The stipulations of this signed agreement must be completed before the occupancy deposit can be refunded to the home builder.