Transportation Advisory Committee
The Town of White City is currently accepting applications from interested community members to be appointed to the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) for a two-year volunteer term.
The TAC is a community-based committee which reports to council through the Development Services Committee. TAC advises and supports council in the implementation of the town's current and future transportation and traffic safety issues in the town and to support, improve and promote pedestrian and traffic safety.
The Transportation Advisory Committee is responsible for:
- Encouraging community dialogue on traffic and safety issues affecting the town by providing a public forum for community members to present traffic safety concerns;
- Recommend traffic safety improvements and traffic safety programs, following community consultation, analysis, and discussions with public bodies, and other stakeholders;
- Promoting the creation and adoption of formal, neighbourhood-specific policies related to traffic and safety, including measures to calm traffic;
- Advise and support the implementation of the White City Traffic Study Recommendations adopted by council; and
- Support in the review and monitoring of general or specific development proposals and proposed plans of subdivision for conformity with principles and policies related to transportation and traffic safety as referred from council and/or Administration.
- Cooperate and coordinate with the Prairie Valley School Division, the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure, the RM of Edenwold No. 158 and other public agencies.
Community members interested in being appointed to the TAC can apply online by visiting whitecity.ca/directory/volunteer-opportunities.
Questions about the TAC? Please contact:
Mauricio Jiménez, Town Planner
(306) 781-2355 x. 227