Dear Home Builders and Trenching Contractors:
The Town of White City has adopted a new policy on Gravity Sewage Collection System Connections.
* Request for Inspection Form can be picked up at the Town Office , 14 Ramm Ave. East or downloaded by clicking here: Inspection Form
* Please note the following:
- 24 hours notice must be given to the Manager of Public Works by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public works manager/Town Foreman will contact you by e-mail or phone to confirm inspection. Minimum 3 days notice for services installed in winter months
- The depth of the service connection trench shall be sufficient to provide a minimum cover of 2.5 metres (8.2ft). If depth of cover at the front of the house doesn’t meet the required cover you will be asked to insulate until cover meets 2.5 metres. (Please have appropriate insulation available- Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation to be Dow Styrofoam High-Load 40 Insulation or approved equal).
Town Bylaw states burial depth measurements shall be taken by a competent person and provide to Town inspector to be recorded.
- In areas of high water table, the contractor must have all materials required to achieve a stable trench bottom (i.e. bedding material, vac truck, etc.)
- When the sewer pipe is installed, but not connected to the sewer service from the inside building, you must provide an approved water tight plug or cap.
- You must protect curb stop with a minimum 6” PVC pipe (not 4” PVC pipe), extending minimum 2 ft. above finished lot grade and 1 ft. below grade.
- New this year, you must provide a 6” PVC frost protection full length sleeve over 4” cleanout. (From y-connection to minimum 2ft. above finished grade elevation.