Go Out & Play Challenge
Well, we didn’t win the Go Out & Play Challenge, but we did beat our activity minutes from the last two years! Good work!
2018 - 64,431 minutes
2017 - 53,887 minutes
2016 - 59,536 minutes
Check out the results from the Challenge below. Next year lets aim higher! Thank you to everyone that participated
March 1-10, 2018! Put a calendar reminder on your phone or wall calendar to log into the Go Out & Play Challenge and vote each day for the White City Warm-Up Shelter at our new outdoor rink! Create your profile for your entire family and get logging those minutes! Every minute of activity counts and could contribute $10,000 to the Warm-Up Shelter at the new outdoor rink!
Follow our Facebook event for daily updates and fun ways to stay active.
- Check out how to enter your minutes with this handy FAQ document.
- Anyone from anywhere can log physical activity minutes to White City’s project, so round up your friends and family to help out.
- For ideas on how to get active, check out Push2Play.
And the Winner is...
The challenge is designed to get communities thinking about places and spaces that encourage active outdoor play and you have done just that. We applaud each of you for your time and effort in rallying your communities to get more kids, more active, more often. You truly are a champion!
Now onto the results!
- The $10,000 Community Grand Prize winner of the 2018 Go Out & Play Challenge powered by Saskatchewan Blue Cross is: KENASTON with 419,764 physical activity minutes!
- The $5,000 Community Runner-up Prize winner of the 2018 Go Out & Play Challenge powered by Saskatchewan Blue Cross is: STOCKHOLM with 381,214 physical activity minutes!
- The $10,000 Community Association Grand Prize winner is: Saskatoon Lakeridge Community Association with 301,277 physical activity minutes.
Kenaston will use the grand prize towards their fundraising efforts for an outdoor community physical activity and wellness area. Stockholm will use the $5,000 runner-up prize towards adding mini golf to the community, and Saskatoon Lakeridge Community Association will use the $10,000 community association prize towards building a new playground structure at St. Luke School.
Help make next year’s challenge even better! Fill out our challenge evaluation survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Q299RYL
For the complete ranking of all communities and community associations, please see below or the challenge website.
Saskatoon Lakeridge Community Association 301,277
Saskatoon Willowgrove University Heights Community Association 199,309
Saskatoon Evergreen Community Association 157,044
White City 64,431
Regina Beach 41,233
Thank you to our participating communities and community associations for making the 2018 Go Out & Play Challenge powered by Saskatchewan Blue Cross a HUGE success!